VFX Artist [Unannounced Project]
We are looking for a VFX Artist to join our new, unannounced, project that we have just started. This is a great opportunity for you who like working with smaller size teams and projects while having all the benefits of a AAA environment as well as developing a product using our in-house engine Snowdrop.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager/cover letter in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job-ad is posted.
As a VFX Artist at Massive, you'll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and utilizing the technical possibilities of our Snowdrop engine. To achieve this you’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at "One of the best studios in the world" Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO
- Producing high-quality stylized effects 2d and 3D effects
- Planning, estimating and prioritizing your tasks
- Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance
- Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team
- Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others
You as a person
You're an artist, driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest relevant tech. You've excellent skills in discussing ideas together, especially in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed. You are curious which motivates you to evolve and learn new systems, ways of working and a willingness to take on any tasks that you’ve got the skills to solve.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Relevant and updated demo-reel
- Professional experience as a VFX/Special Effects Artist
- Previous experience from game productions through to release (AAA and/or indie)
- Knowledge of 3D software’s
- Knowledge of realistic effects is a bonus
- Understanding of particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects competent user for texture creation
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows
- Understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials and post-processing (color grading etc.)
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Communications OfficerStockholm Environment InstituteWe are recruiting a Communications Officer to support SEI Headquarters on two projects focused on translating science to policy and practice in agriculture (AgriFoSe20304 hour agoShareStockholm
SF Administrator and ConfigurationVolvo GroupSweden Position Description The company Our world is a world of change. Our organization is based on people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company; we rely4 hour agoShareEskilstuna
Strategic Coordinator with a Tech viewSwedbankAre you passionate about the future of banking and tech transformation? Are you structured and an excellent communicator? If yes, this job in CTO Office is the right for4 hour agoShareStockholm
RF development engineerSigma ConnectivityJOB DESCRIPTION Do you have a passion for wireless communication? Would you prefer a world where everything was connected? Do you want to take the Internet of Things18 hour agoShareStockholm
ConsultantEASYRECRUEVendavo is transforming how B2B companies go to market through our Commercial Excellence platform, and we need an elite team of industry practitioners to guide our18 hour agoShareStockholm