IT Support Specialist
At Teledyne FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives Teledyne FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment. We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The IT department (IT Shared Services (ITSS)) is now looking for a dedicated IT Support Specialist at our Täby office. As an IT Support Specialist in our Täby office you will be part of a global team delivering world class support around the globe (Brazil, Europe, Asia).
The core role is to provide 2nd line on-site support to the 1800 users around the globe (where 500 users is located in the Täby office). The position will be part of our IT Shared Services (ITSS) organization and will interface with all Teledyne FLIR employees and business units. This position will provide Service desk support as well as onsite and remote support and assist in project work when required. Your job in plain text
On site support
- The position will be responsible for onsite IT support for assigned Teledyne FLIR locations working as part of a virtual team to provide customer support, troubleshoot and resolve IT incidents and requests (tickets), and escalate un-resolved tickets and follow up through completion on the tickets.
- The position will be responsible for interfacing directly with the Teledyne FLIR employees who have IT problems. This will be done in person, via phone and various forms of written communication (e.g. email, ticketing system and instant messaging). We are looking for someone that understands that IT support is a service role that requires a good hand with the users.
- The position will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) received from the IT Help Desk. The tickets will be span all areas of IT (e.g. general PC issues, local printer issues, mobile phone requests, system access, application issues, data base issues, server issues, network issues, security issues, virus detection, etc).
- The position will be responsible for escalating IT “tickets” (i.e. incidents and requests) to the appropriate IT team (e.g. IT infrastructure, application team, security team) if he/she is not able to resolve the ticket. During assignment and escalation, the position will be responsible for communicating with both the client and the technical team to which the ticket has been assigned.
- Primary work location is at the Marke facility (70 users).
- You will travel to the Meer office at a minimum once every month.
- Additional international travels may take place, visiting remote locations. Estimated 4 travels per year.
- Working with budgets and placing orders.
- Compliance work, such as SOX.
- Strong methodical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong English language skills. verbal and written.
- Genuine interest in IT and/or any other related subject.
- Strong MS Office knowledge, esp. Word, Excel, Outlook 365.
- Strong Windows 10/11 knowledge.
Good Microsoft Active directory knowledge.
- Understanding of permissions structures in an AD environment.
- Good Linux knowledge, deploying and supporting client systems.
- Good Mac knowledge.
- Good iOS and Android knowledge.
- Hardware purchases, deployment and maintenance (Dell, PXE).
- Printer support (Ricoh and label printers).
- Understanding concept of VLANs, routing, switching, Wi-Fi.
This position will require traveling.
- Driving License (not required but will make it easier for you).
- Skills in scripting automation, PowerShell, SQL Queries. (not required but helpful)
- To make a difference, you will be a key person where you on a daily basis will see how your efforts helps the rest of the organization.
- Opportunity to develop your career with the world's leading company in thermal and sensing technology.
- At FLIR, you get a unique opportunity to experience how cutting-edge R&D, software- and hardware development come together under one roof. We do our research, our development, and our manufacturing.
- Friendly culture with a focus on collaboration, problem-solving, and creativity.
- Work closely with R & D and Production.
- A fair compensation structure and benefits such as wellness rewards.
When applying, make it easy for yourself. Add a resume and fill out the required fields, no need to add anything else at this point.
We accept applications in English. This position requires access to export-controlled information or items (i.e. regulated technology or technical data per ITAR/EAR US regulations). Applicants must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
Teledyne FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions. Teledyne FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.
Future Talent Programme - Junior Supplier Manager ITTetra PakTraineeAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Infrastructure EngineerCubane Solutions ABHeltidRequirements: Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc – Experience in architecting a highly resilient Apache Kafka/Confluent Kafka1 day agoShareSverige
Vice President Processing Channel Management & Key ComponentsTetra PakAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Content Writer, Consumer OperationsKlarnaOn our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and1 day agoShareDistans in Stockholm
Group HR Specialist – HR OperationsAxis CommunicationsTillsvidare +1Job Title Group HR Specialist – HR Operations Job Description Are you passionate about employee1 day agoShareLund