Analytical Engineer - Cathode Materials
Northvolt has an exciting job offer for Analytical Engineer to join our passionate team in Västerås.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon-free society.
The Analytical Engineer will be in charge of the Cathode Development Active Material team. As the leader of the unit, you will have the opportunity to build a competent and dependable team from scratch, capable to scale Northvolt’s operations in Sweden and beyond. You will be in charge of setting up and executing the long-term Cathode development Active Material team reporting to the Sr Director.
The unit will primarily support the Cathode development & Quality team to ensure characterization and validation of cathode materials.
You will be working intimately with the Cathode development & Quality teams to enable characterization and validation of cathode active material on several R&D and production process steps
In general, you have a long experience in the field and have been driving large, innovative, and challenging Development projects with high demands on characterization and validation of cathode active material.
Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working with characterization and validation as well as cathode active material for Li-ion battery.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure characterization and validation of cathode materials for lithium-ion battery
- Ensure delivery of characterization and validation for following-up team’s objectives (e.g., milestones)
- Work closely with cathode development team & quality teams to enable characterization and validation of cathode active material on several R&D and production process steps
- Work with external suppliers, institutes and academic organizations
- Instrumentation for characterization and validation when necessary
The person we are looking for is strongly goal-oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and natural talent to make things happen. The Analytical Chemist is a vital member of the Cathode development Active Material team and key to Northvolt's mission to enable the future of energy.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full-time employment, fixed salary.
The planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- MSc or PhD in Chemical/Material/Electrical Engineering, and Chemistry/Physics is a must
- 2+ years of experience in R&D or inorganic material fields is a must
- Experience in analytical chemistry
- Experience in characterization and evaluation of cathode materials or inorganic material
- Must have worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Experience and interest in the manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel…)
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment (start-up).
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Passionate and purpose-driven to achieve excellent results
- Flexible and adaptable
- Motivated to take on new challenges
- Teamwork in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment
- Can do-attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and management
- Attention to details
- Strong problem-solving skill
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
Infrastructure EngineerCubane Solutions ABHeltidRequirements: Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc – Experience in architecting a highly resilient Apache Kafka/Confluent Kafka1 day agoShareSverige
Software Engineer - DICE Quality EngineeringElectronic ArtsHeltidWe Are DICE DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning developer based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally1 day agoShare104 60 Stockholm
Tietoevry is now looking for a Senior Sourcing Manager!TietoEVRYHeltidRemote type Hybrid locations Sweden, Stockholm Finland,1 day agoShareStockholm
Store ManagerCOSHeltidHelgarbete förekommerCompany Description WE ARE MORE THAN JUST A CLOTHING BRAND; WE ARE ON A MISSION TO TRANSFORM THE FUTURE OF FASHION Are you looking for a company that pushes the2 day agoShare169 56 Solna
Senior Data AnalystNA-KDWorking at NA-KD is unlike any other fashion gig. We’re a young company with a start-up mentality and (a borderline insane) hunger to be the best. In less than 52 day agoShareDistans in 415 02 Göteborg