Donor Services Nursing Assistants
Australian Red Cross Lifeblood - Bring
- Various locations across Sydney
- Rotating roster across Mondays to Sundays
- Bring your vibrant personality & passion for customer service!
We also help to facilitate the donation of tissue, organs, breast milk, and other life-giving biological products. Plus, we deliver world-class research and provide expertise in diagnostic, transplantation and other clinical services.
Lifeblood is an essential, life-giving service - we’re here for all Australians. And although our life-giving role started over 90 years ago with blood, today we support more people in more ways than ever before.
About the role
We’re seeking Donor Services Nursing Assistants to provide all of our amazing donors with a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience when they visit us to generously donate.
We’re offering part time, fixed term and permanent employment opportunities for the following roles in various Donor Centre sites across Sydney:
- Hunter Street – permanent part time, 48 hours a fortnight
- Chatswood – 12 months fixed term part time, 60 hours a fortnight
- The Shire – permanent part time, 60 hours a fortnight
Whilst it’s great to have, previous experience in the health industry isn’t a requirement for the role. We provide training on how to insert and remove needles to collect blood and blood products, so all you’ll need to bring is your vibrant personality and passion for delivering an amazing customer experience!
Due to the nature of fluctuating shifts, our Donor Services Nursing Assistants also need to be flexible and available to work varied shifts and shift length across Mondays to Sundays. You can click on Find a Centre to view operational hours for your preferred centre, as opening hours can vary.
What you’ll be doing in the role:
- Physically insert and remove needles to collect blood donations
- Provide an amazing experience to our Donors
- Conduct assessments to ensure donors are eligible to donate
- Monitor donors and provide care during their time at the centre
- Rebooking donors for their next visit
- Upholding safety and quality standards
Skills & capabilities:
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Passionate about delivering great customer experience
- Able to work under pressure with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to achieve targets, even under tough circumstances
- Adaptability to match a change in priorities
- Diverse experience in a customer focussed environment
What we offer:
- Salary packaging programs which allow you to make the most of your salary
- Rewards program offering discounts on movies, groceries, food & beverage, department stores and travel & leisure
- Discounted health insurance, veterinary care and car hire
- Internal programs focused on your wellbeing and safety
We’re a fast-paced business, so we aim to progress suitable candidates through the hiring process as soon as we receive applications. This may mean the role is filled prior to the advertising close date.
We strive for an inclusive environment where people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives are respected, connected, and able to contribute to the best of their ability, with equal access to opportunities and resources.
As part of our recruitment process, you’ll be required to complete and clear a national criminal history check, medical assessment, employment history check, and a validation of Australian working rights.
For further details on this position please contact Kollyann Thim on [email protected]
Salary is determined using the Lifeblood specific Nursing Enterprise Agreement.
To view the role statement or apply, please click ‘Apply for this job’ to be directed to our website.
While we appreciate all interest in our business, we won’t engage with or accept candidates from agencies or consulting firms on this occasion.
Lifeblood’s top priority is the safety of our donors, staff, volunteers and, of course, blood recipients. Blood and plasma donation remains absolutely vital, and as healthcare settings, our blood donor centres remain open and our teams are ready to welcome donors who are healthy and well.
Our donor centres are safe places and we’ve always adhered to strict sanitation protocols. In light of the current coronavirus pandemic, we’ve implemented further measures to help protect our donors and our teams too. For further information on this, please visit our website for updates.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Junior Data ScientistNielsenJunior Data Scientist - 86002 Data Science - Sweden Stockholm, Stockholm County Nielsen’s solution delivers a comprehensive understanding of the audience to the38 minute agoShareStockholm
Web DeveloperSandvikLocation Sandviken, Sweden What do Mars rockets, smartphones and exclusive watches have in common? – They’re made using Sandvik Coromant tools and38 minute agoShareSandviken
2021 Paid Summer Internship at Juniper Networks – Duration 5 weeksJuniper Networks2021 Paid Summer Internship at Juniper Networks – Duration 5 weeks The active assurance team within Juniper Networks is offering an exciting and challenging39 minute agoShareLuleå
ZARA UPPSALA is looking for new sales assistantsZARAJoin our fabulous team and do something amazing every day! More than 174,000 employees worldwide are helping Inditex to grow day by day. With 88 markets around the39 minute agoShareUppsala
Major Account ManagerTrend MicroDiscover Trend Trend Micro Incorporated, a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security10 hour agoShareStockholm