Competitive Intelligence Lead CVRM â€“ Research & Early Development
Job Title: Competitive Intelligence Lead CVRM – Research & Early Development
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden or Cambridge, UK.
At AstraZeneca we’re inspired by the things that seem impossible. Here, we see the impact of our collective ideas and expertise, and the power of science to deliver them.
We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals.
Who we are
AstraZeneca is one of the world’s most exciting bio-pharmaceutical companies. From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that improve patients’ lives and benefit society. We’re constantly moving forward as a company – agile and purposeful in our work.
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. We bring new kinds of teams together across business areas and geographies, to pursue discoveries beyond imagining.
Your team at AstraZeneca is made up of a global network of individuals from our business as well as the wider scientific world.
We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
We’re stronger because of our network of teams across the globe. We’re constantly learning and developing through the collaboration and communication between our people and a wide field of experts.
Working on a strong pipeline means so much more than producing innovative, groundbreaking medicines.
It allows AstraZeneca people to be part of long-term development programs with the variety that comes from working at the leading edge of science and technology.
We explore innovations and confront challenges that others won't, in order to have a greater impact on patients' lives.
We're proud of our pipeline – It’s not only changing the face of our industry for good, it’s transforming the careers of our people. We’re committed to a culture of continuous learning and people development so everyone at AstraZeneca can grow and thrive.
Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all of our people.
Our science lives beyond our labs – our global perspective means we use talent and expertise from all over the world to make our medicines a success.
Our mission is ambitious and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do.
- Point of reference of the CVRM Therapy Area (TA) for all research and early development Competitive Intelligence (CI)-related matters from Idea to Phase 3 ID.
- Has seat at the table for key decisions requiring CI point of view
- Together with CI lead for late stage development & commercial coordinates CI activities for the CVRM TA along the entire lifecycle
With CVRM TA-specific domain expertise and sound business judgement, this Director-level role acts as a liaison between Therapeutic Areas in research and early development, and the Competitive Intelligence function. Having a seat at the table in key decision-making forums requiring CI input, the CVRM TA CI Lead:
- Understands CVRM TA and company strategic direction and key challenges and translates this into the respective CVRM TA Strategy
- Represents the voice of Competitive Intelligence within the organization and influences peers and key decision makers to ensure the appropriate CI interventions are driving CVRM TA Strategy
- Direct accountability for leading a CVRM TA aligned team in research and early development, by planning and coordinating their activities in alignment with TA point of reference resources within R&D
- Leverages his or her executive communication skills to share key findings and insights both within the CI function and with key customers, becoming a key thought partner.
- Collaborates with internal customers to prioritize their needs
- Manages and develops a CI Team, including instructing and guiding them on research topics/methodology (e.g., primary vs secondary) to ensure quality research is conducted
- Summarizes key insights to Head of Early Development in their CVRM TA, to VP Global Insights, Analytics & Commercial Excellence (GIACE) and to other relevant internal customers based primarily on analytical work conducted by CI Managers
- Productivity assessment - Publication and Patent Benchmarking
- Participates in key decision-making forums, representing the competition and the external environment providing future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
- Provide overall view on the positioning of early portfolio with respect to external competition. Including supporting development of portfolio strategy, disease area strategy and internal projects. This could include competitor business strategy analysis (e.g. partnerships/collaborations), competitor benchmarking and coverage of competitor earnings call
- Proactive in anticipating external data that could influence the Probability of Success (PoS) for early portfolio.
- Ensures that generated know-how is properly captured within a central repository/knowledge management system by coordinating with CI Information Lead
- Is the ultimate responsible for the quality of prepared materials presented in key meetings and/or shared within the organization.
- Builds a high performing CI function, ensuring a culture of inclusion, speak up and Development
- Leads, and/or assigns, departmental projects including assigning CI project Leads.
- Participates, as appropriate, in the ongoing development and enhancement of cross-functional teams
- Identifies, hires, on-boards, develops and retains a high preforming team
- Ensures a robust succession plan is in place for and gives input, as appropriate, for key positions on other teams.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Master’s degree or PhD in Life Sciences
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Significant experience in competitive intelligence, including key public and commercial information science sources, analytical technics and visualization tools.
- Deep expertise in CVRM Therapy Area.
- Broad knowledge of healthcare ecosystem/dynamics
- Strong team management and leadership skills, demonstrating flexibility and a proven ability to prioritise and deal with complexity under time and other pressures.
- Highly collaborative, extensive track record of building productive networks
- Service oriented, self-motivated, curious and results-oriented
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Advanced degree holders who have a focus in decision analysis, statistics, business or medicine/science
- Prior experience working directly with senior executives
Applications Open: 27th February 2020
Applications Close: 31st March 2020
Sales Operations ManagerTeradataStockholmLocation: Stockholm, Sweden The Teradata Global Sales Operations and Enablement Group is focused on driving overall effectiveness and efficiency45 minute agoShareStockholm
AssistantEricssonStockholmDate: Apr 9, 2020 Are you ready for an exciting challenge? Business Area Networks (BNEW): where 5G was born! We’re a global team of approx. 30,000 in 9346 minute agoShareStockholm
Senior UI ArtistStarbreezeStockholmAre you passionate about making great games and immersive visual & interactive designs? Then this might just be the job for you! Starbreeze is now looking4 hour agoShareStockholm
Senior Lighting ArtistStarbreezeStockholmDo you want to work with an award-winning team by creating lighting for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? Millions of fans4 hour agoShareStockholm
Commercial ManagerParadox InteractiveStockholmAre you data driven with a strong business mindset? Would you like to be part of shaping business decisions for our Paradox games? Apply today to become our4 hour agoShareStockholm