Thesis work - Smartphone based Driver Identification
ACTIA Nordic AB is a leading designer and manufacturer of vehicle communication equipment. Through the years, ACTIA has delivered communication and diagnostics solution to customers such as Volvo Cars, Jaguar Land Rover, SCANIA, and Volvo Trucks.
Some vehicle theft protection systems today require the driver to carry a secondary identification device, in addition to the normal car key. This device is normally some type of battery powered radio tag. The solution leads to both an extra hardware cost and is an inconvenience to the driver.
Replace the need for the additional hardware with using the driver’s smartphone as an identification device:
- Select a suitable technology based on what commonly exists in both smartphones and in ACTIA’s Telematic Control Units (Bluetooth / Low Energy, WiFi, LTE)
the principles for how to apply the technology in this specific use case, including:
- How to reliably detect whether an approved smartphone is in the vehicle or not
- Wireless protocols and mechanisms
- The processes for securely pairing/unpairing a smartphone with a Telematic Control Unit, given the constraints (e.g. no keyboard or display, convenience to the owner, workshop tools etc.)
- Analyse the solution from a cybersecurity perspective, such as
- resilience to replay, man-in-the-middle and relay attacks
- preventing non-intended devices from pairing
- protocol attacks
- Implement and evaluate a Proof of Concept
- This will likely involve programming in ACTIA’s TCU (Embedded Linux), and may also involve smartphone programming
- Optional future look-ahead:
- Consider more recent technologies such as UWB.
- Consider building on new existing standards for “Phone as a car key”
- Consider other smart wearables
Time period: Spring 2022
Contact: [email protected]; 0708309687
Location: ACTIA Tech-center in Mjärdevi, Linköping.
Tutor at ACTIA: TBA
R&D EngineerABBHeltidR&D Engineer Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive,38 minute agoShareAlingsås+1 ort
Sales associate InternRevamPraktikAre you ready for an adventure? Want to work with an AI-powered platform? Are you a business, economics, sales student or have experience in sales? Do you want to1 hour agoShareMalmö
Who you are:rothelowmanAlongside a team of leading creative designers, create interiors that meaningfully contribute to the organic evolution of our cities. About Rothelowman Our approach1 hour agoShareÅre
Sleep Guide, KöpingHästensDo you dream of changing peoples’ lives through extraordinary sleep? At Hästens, we strive for a world where people sleep well – one that’s more2 hour agoShare731 36 Köping+1 ort
Research Intern at ISDPInstitute for Security and Development Policy...Heltid +1Every semester, ISDP runs an internship program that is open to university students and recent graduates. The internship lasts between 4-6 months at the main office in2 hour agoShareSverige