Therapy Area Manager / Brand Manager COVID
Do you want to help our Company become a leading virology company in Sweden – while opening the doors to exciting, international career opportunities for yourself? Do you dream of a job where you manage your own time, and where your efforts make a tangible difference to the lives of real people? Then you could be our new Therapy Area Manager / Brand Manager, for our company’s activities in Sweden. We need you on our journey!
Our Company’s Hospital Specialty Care division is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with physicians, governments, and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At our company, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people across the globe.
You collaborate closely with customers to understand the challenges they face and find ways to address them together – bringing our innovations to more patients, faster.
As our new Therapy Area Manager/Brand Manager, COVID, you are responsible for upcoming product launches within the area. The role will be responsible for both marketing and sales starting with a deep understanding of the market to be able to identify customer needs and create business opportunities that help patients, customers and our company alike. Launch preparation will be crucial to secure a state-of-the-art introduction to the Swedish market and you will be responsible for building and execution launch plans in line with the global product strategy. Since the role includes both marketing & sales responsibility you will also be spending a significant amount of time with your own customer contacts. You will quickly become our expert on the needs and considerations of hospitals, decision-makers and patients within the area. Working well within the framework of our own strict ethical code and local regulations, you establish close working relationships with your customers.
Aside from meeting your sales and business objectives, you can measure your success in how little time it takes before our customers regard you as a partner in dealing with the many challenges facing the health care sector.
In addition to this, you also:
- Act as point of contact for product cross functional team
- Keep relevant internal departments/stakeholders updated
- Work closely with your Business Unit Head in order to successfully drive growth
- You are well versed in both health care and pharma marketing
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant field
- You have 2-5 years’ commercial experience in the healthcare environment and you are well versed in scientific and clinical work
- You have experience from marketing roles within pharma and have a genuine interest in understanding the customers perspective and patients journey in order to develop and execute product strategy
- Experience within the virology area is very positive but not an absolute demand
- You have a good basic understanding of the health care system and the pharmaceutical industry
- You are fluent in conversational and written Swedish and English, and you communicate with empathy, ease and efficiency to people at all levels of authority, both internally and externally. This allows you to not only challenge the status quo, but to make people understand the strength of your ideas and want to follow your lead
- You listen as well as you talk, and the combination forms the basis of your superior sales technique
- Despite the great degree of autonomy your position offers, you know that your high drive for results only leads to success with a great team behind you. This makes you a valued colleague, both to the co-workers you meet face to face, and to the international contacts you mainly meet through Facetime.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are…
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for…
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1
Donor Services Nursing AssistantsAustralian Red Cross LifebloodVarious locations across Sydney Rotating roster across Mondays to Sundays Bring your vibrant personality & passion for customer service! About Lifeblood Lifeblood is2 hour agoShareBring
Email Specialist - & Other StoriesH&MYou will be working in a team of digital marketing specialists and reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing. Together with our email team members, you will align6 hour agoShareStockholm
Junior Marketing Automation CoordinatorBooztTHE OPPORTUNITY Join our Marketing Automation Team as a Junior Marketing Automation Coordinator. In this role, you will handle a big part of the daily email marketing1 day agoShareMalmö
CopywriterUniversumAre you a stickler for semi-colons? Are you as well-versed in vernacular as you are in more exotic vocabulary? Do you subconsciously sub-edit signs as you walk down the1 day agoShareStockholm
Sjuksköterska HIA Hudiksvall SommarDirektklinikenÄr du en erfaren Sjuksköterska redo för nya utmaningar i karriären? Är du nyfiken på eller jobbar du redan idag som1 day agoShareGävle