Technology Operations Manager (Remote eligible - EMEA)
Spotify - Stockholm
We created Technology Operations in Experience Mission to support the 400+ people technology function. We recognised that with planned growth, global distribution and increasing complexity we need to change how we think and act. Joining as an Operations Manager you will use your creativity to reinvent our approach to software development having a real influence on the day-to-day experience of our engineers. Together we will be helping them feel more supported, more impactful and better connected with the Spotify goals.
What you'll do:
- You will spend time working directly with our product engineering at different levels - teams, product areas, and departments - to understand the challenges, goals and opportunities in how they operate.
- Collaborating closely with teams that build solutions you will formulate and execute strategies to improve operations that are simple for the user yet embrace the complexity of technical delivery.
- You will collaborate with senior tech leadership, key partners and teams to make sure that the Tech Operations team continuously iterate and improve the operational framework.
- You will identify and amplify successful solutions and scale local findings across the organisation.
- You will engage with other operational leaders to scale cross-team collaboration and have a comprehensive understanding of the organisation.
- You will support making important data and artifacts (like strategies, objectives, tech docs, tech arch models, tech dependencies) more discoverable across teams.
- You will design and implement data collection and visualization of meaningful information to support work of the technology organization.
- You will work closely with the organisation in defining plans that reflect our goals and priorities so that our portfolio of work is well balanced and that we are operating sustainably in the long term.
Who you are:
- You have worked with technical product delivery and have a keen interest in improving operational effectiveness for technology organisations
- You have a good understanding of software development including the levels of uncertainty, nature of complexity involved and typical processes applied to solve problems.
- You experienced first-hand different software development methods. You use this experience as a starting point to define solutions that help people do impactful work, not to dictate a set of rules that must be followed.
- You’re comfortable navigating ambiguity and have the ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- You are an excellent communicator, able to engage with folks across the company to deliver messages clearly and confidently
- You’re a strategic tinkerer and a proactive problem solver who can use high-level goals to create specific actions
- You are able to critically interpret information and generate hypotheses that can be tested
- You prefer to work in a collaborative way, you are open minded and thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- You care for growing psychological safety and a culture of learning from experience
- You use sound analytical approach and are comfortable using data to drive tactical and strategic decisions
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Perks of being in the bandExtensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse. Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success. Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents. All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub. Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs. Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at SpotifyWe strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Office CoordinatorNepaWe are looking for an Office Coordinator with an eye for service who can help us ensure a pleasant office environment for our colleagues and clients. If you would like5 hour agoShare118 53 Stockholm
Sales AssistantSandroWe are looking for a Sales Assistant - Part Time to generate sales by delivering outstanding customer service and maintaining exceptional Sandro standards. Sales5 hour agoShareStockholm
Patent Assistant/ParalegalEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team5 hour agoShareStockholm
Associate Site Logistics TechnicianDowThe Associate Site Logistics Technician (Site Logistics Operator) controls the movement, storage, and shipping of raw materials and finished products, and operations5 hour agoShareLandskrona
MSc thesis: Channel prediction algorithms design in the presence of non-coherent phase jump from UEEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at6 hour agoShareStockholm