Senior VFX Artist [Star Wars Project]
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Senior VFX Artist at Massive, you'll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and utilizing the technical possibilities of our Snowdrop engine. To achieve this you’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at "One of the best studios in the world" Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO
- Producing high-quality effects
- Planning, estimating, and prioritizing tasks
- Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance
- Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team
- Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others
You as a person
You're an artist driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest tech, tools, and best practices. You've excellent communication skills in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed. You are comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team and you collaborate effectively. Eager to work in an iterative development process where you quickly need to adapt to change and work towards a shared goal.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant and updated demo-reel
- Professional experience as a Senior VFX/Special Effects Artist or equivalent
- Previous experience from game productions through to release
- Understanding of particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects competent user for texture creation,
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows,
- Understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials, and post-processing (color grading etc.)
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience
Good to know
As we aim to build a team who continuously push the boundaries of what’s possible within game development (and because we love to learn and grow from the people around us), we might ask you to do a practical test as a part of the recruitment process. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about you. Meanwhile, please check-out the videos posted below and our employee perks here, to gain greater insight into life at Massive.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö, Sweden and part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform. All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Communications OfficerStockholm Environment InstituteWe are recruiting a Communications Officer to support SEI Headquarters on two projects focused on translating science to policy and practice in agriculture (AgriFoSe20305 hour agoShareStockholm
SF Administrator and ConfigurationVolvo GroupSweden Position Description The company Our world is a world of change. Our organization is based on people and great teamwork. We are a truly global company; we rely5 hour agoShareEskilstuna
Strategic Coordinator with a Tech viewSwedbankAre you passionate about the future of banking and tech transformation? Are you structured and an excellent communicator? If yes, this job in CTO Office is the right for5 hour agoShareStockholm
RF development engineerSigma ConnectivityJOB DESCRIPTION Do you have a passion for wireless communication? Would you prefer a world where everything was connected? Do you want to take the Internet of Things19 hour agoShareStockholm
ConsultantEASYRECRUEVendavo is transforming how B2B companies go to market through our Commercial Excellence platform, and we need an elite team of industry practitioners to guide our19 hour agoShareStockholm