A research assistant position is available in the lab of Laura Baranello at the department of Cell and Molecular Biology at Karolinska Institutet, one of the world’s leading biomedical research institutes. The lab is located at Biomedicum, a newly opened research building with excellent infrastructure and world leading research. The lab’s primary focus is on the to elucidate the mechanism of topoisomerase regulation during transcription and replication with the overall goal to develop new strategies to inhibit topoisomerases function for cancer treatment.
The successful applicant will work closely with the other members of the group to characterise the properties of a set of proteins with relation to their phase separation properties and their roles in transcription and genome organization. This position will involve cell culturing, plasmid cloning, recombinant protein expression, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, microscopy imaging, and data analysis.Entry requirements
To be eligible for this positions, the applicant must satisfy the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in biomedicine or molecular biology
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques such as Western blotting & immunoprecipitation, cloning and recombinant protein expression
- Expertise in confocal microscopy and subsequent image and data analysis software such as ImageJ and R
- Experience in culturing and maintaining cell lines
- A background in researching topoisomerase biology and/or protein phase separation will be highly valued
- At least 12 months of research experince in a lab
- Expreience with mouse handling and tissue collection
- Fluency in English
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Karolinska Institutet is one of the world's leading medical universities. Our vision is to pursue the development of knowledge about life and to promote better health for all. At Karolinska Institutet, we conduct innovative medical research and provide the largest range of biomedical education in Sweden. Karolinska Institutet is a state university, which entitles employees to several benefits such as extended holiday and a generous occupational pension. Employees also have free access to our modern gym and receive reimbursements for medical care.
Location: SolnaApplication process
The application is to be submitted through the Varbi recruitment system.
To apply please provide:
- A motivation letter explaining why the candidate want to join the Baranello’s group (half page)
- A concise CV and a list of publications
- A brief research statement (half page maximum) including: What research questions have you worked on so far? What methods have you used to answer these questions?
- 2 references (name, institution, email)
Spanish Executive AssistantNetwrkAbout the role Netwrk are currently looking for an Spanish speaking consultant to work as an Executive Assistant at a large International client in Stockholm. You would6 hour agoShare111 56 Stockholm
Sales AssistantSandroWe are looking for a Sales Assistant - Part Time to generate sales by delivering outstanding customer service and maintaining exceptional Sandro standards. Sales6 hour agoShareStockholm
Patent Assistant/ParalegalEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team7 hour agoShareStockholm
MSc thesis: Channel prediction algorithms design in the presence of non-coherent phase jump from UEEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at7 hour agoShareStockholm
MSc thesis: Memory Augmented Neural Nets for Timeseries ModellingEricssonAs the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at11 hour agoShareStockholm