R&D Development Engineer (HV GIS)
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for a Research & Development Engineer to join Grid & Power Quality Solutions (HV Substations) R&D global team. The candidate will assume a technical lead role in development of new concepts for HV Substations based on HV GIS Switchgear and market requirements. As part of our Global R&D team you will be working also very closely with regional engineering teams and you will contribute in rollouts and deployments of newly developed concepts and solutions. The candidate shall be able to demonstrate a strong electrical/ mechanical design & development background in HV Substations area combined with very good knowledge about HV GISS Switchgears.
- Develop or modify concepts of Base Solutions for different variants/types of HV GIS Substations (170-420kV preferred);
- Analyze and challenge technical specifications wrt. to potential optimizations and modifications in designs of HV GIS Substations;
- Make recommendations regarding new feasibility studies and alternative approaches with use of new variants or modified substation components;
- Analyze and review development related documentation (HV Substation designs);
- Provide support to engineering teams in implementation of new concepts and developments;
- Support customer project tendering and execution activities using new concepts and development;
- Interact and coordinate conceptual and development activities with various cross functional stakeholders;
- Live core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- B.Tech./M.Tech. (Electrical/Mechanical);
- 5+ years of experience working in area of HV Substations engineering;
- Experience in High Voltage product development with use of 3D CAD and design tools;
- Solid experience of taking part in R&D projects and strong willingness to develop new solutions;
- Spirit of innovation, ability to think “out of the box” and challenge the technical status quo;
- Experience and willingness to work in globally distributed teams;
- Team spirit with the capacity to work independently with high level of self-motivation, complemented by well-developed analytical skills;
- Very good knowledge of HV GIS technology and products for HV Substations.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com For more info refer to Alexandra Maria Stefan Lung, Talent Partner.
Ort Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
Supply Chain CoordinatorStora EnsoThe Packaging Materials division is a global leader in the circular economy with our premium renewable and recyclable packaging materials based on both virgin and1 day agoShareSkoghall
SågoperatörStora EnsoVi söker ett flertal timvikarier till sågverket som Din arbetsplatsplats kommer vara Stora Enso Gruvöns Sågverk. Karriär för ett1 day agoShareGrums
Molecular Technical Sales SpecialistThermo Fisher ScientificMolecular Technical Sales SpecialistLocation: UK or Spain or France or Germany or Italy. Key Responsibilities: Working closely with Account Managers to develop specific1 day agoShareDistans
Utesäljare B2B Norra StockholmRahmqvistUtesäljare sökes till Scander! Eric Rahmqvist AB grundades 1953 av Signe och Eric Rahmqvist och är än idag en familjär koncern som är1 day agoShareStockholm
Internship within Marketing for Beauty Care RetailHenkelAt Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading1 day agoShareStockholm