Public Policy Manager, Sweden - (12 months FTC)
• At least 3+ years of experience in policy work, in government, corporate roles or public affairs agency, preferably related to IT. • An advanced degree in areas such as Political Sciences, Law, Economics. • Knowledge of and background in advocacy and public policy development pertaining to digital issues. • Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at highest corporate, national and local government levels. • Fluency in English and Swedish.
Would you like to be part of a public policy team focused on enabling digital transformation and help advance the adoption of cloud technologies in Sweden and the Nordics?
Key job responsibilities
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading provider of cloud computing services, providing IT infrastructure offerings such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more. Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that organisations acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective, and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly around the world, with millions of active customers using the platform every month ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 corporations, and critical governmental infrastructure.
To support this growth, we are looking for a talented, innovative, and well-connected individual to represent AWS and support our growing business in Sweden and the Nordics. This role is a 12-month long opportunity to support the team and cover during parental leave with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will proactively build relationships with key policymakers, IT decision makers and executives in government and other relevant organizations to support AWS’ policy objectives at an international, national and regional level. You will also support AWS participation in key business associations and coalitions that are critical to advancing the adoption of the cloud in Sweden and the Nordics. You will become familiar with all aspects of AWS’s business, and interface directly with the business units in the region, EU and globally. While presence and travel in the Nordic countries is expected, this government affairs and policy position will be based in Stockholm. You will report to the Head of Nordics & Baltics Public Policy as part of the AWS Europe, Middle-East & Africa Public Policy team and shall:
- Assist in developing and executing the government affairs advocacy objectives and policy priorities for AWS primarily in Sweden, but also support pan-Nordic and European campaigns as needed;
- Work collaboratively and transparently with the AWS business teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and “go to market” strategies;
- Identify and communicate potential opportunities and threats, support in developing policy positions; manage and coordinate external advocacy efforts, outreach programs and key initiatives;
- Represent key positions directly and through industry associations/coalitions to the government in Sweden to enable a transparent and technology friendly regulatory environment for the adoption of the cloud;
- Facilitate high-level meetings between AWS executives and key stakeholders, including senior government officials, regulators, industry association and alliance partners to advocate AWS’ public policies.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working in fast-paced environments and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. The responsibilities require that candidates be willing and able to make trips across the Nordic region and as needed to other European and international locations.
• A passion for technology and an interest in growing a successful career in a Public Policy environment. • Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen. • Experience in building and leading public policy relationships in digital skills and digital awareness projects will be an asset. • Self-starter with strong project management skills, proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures. • Team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. • Strong analytical skills, including ability to dive deep and understand how legislative and regulatory proposals may impact AWS business and our customers business. • Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others. • Can manage a diverse workload, while managing time and prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment. • Further proficiency in other languages may be an asset. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Future Talent Programme - Junior Supplier Manager ITTetra PakTraineeAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Infrastructure EngineerCubane Solutions ABHeltidRequirements: Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc – Experience in architecting a highly resilient Apache Kafka/Confluent Kafka1 day agoShareSverige
Vice President Processing Channel Management & Key ComponentsTetra PakAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Research assistant at the Centre for Applied Autonomous Sensor Systems (AASS)Örebro universitetDeltid +1Tidsbegränsad anställning Deltid senast 2023-02-14 Ref nr: ORU 2.1.1-00756/2023 We are looking for a research1 day agoShare701 82 Örebro
Group Manager Perception at Volvo Autonomous SolutionsVolvo GroupSweden Position Description At Volvo Autonomous Solutions (V.A.S) we are passionate about the positive impact autonomous solutions will have on our1 day agoShareGöteborg