Mechanical Engineering Operations Technician
Business Function Overview: Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Mechanical Engineer, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. Empower Billions! Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider. Be at the forefront of the action in CO+I as part of our global datacenter operations. #COICareers
ResponsibilitiesAs a successful Critical Environment Mechanical Engineer your performance objectives include:
- A strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities
- Understand the design and functionality of your datacenter
- Work alongside a team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum to support 24x7x365 on-site datacenter operations and mechanical infrastructures.
- Act as the technical authority for on-site operations of large-scale mechanical systems and designs.
- Collaborate with the Operations and Design team to develop data center (DC) mechanical designs, starting from project conception to issue for construction (IFC) for new DC projects build outs and major infrastructure upgrades.
- Establish and coordinate maintenance & safety procedures, maintaining redundant high-capacity cooling systems; to operating and supporting datacenter backup electrical systems (diesel generators, rotary UPS, etc.)
- Steward vital infrastructure supporting deployments of Microsoft's online services.
- Assist with supplier selection and overseeing mechanical supplier execution
- Learn, live, and coach the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- College/university/professional degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Process Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering in mission critical facilities and mechanical infrastructures
- Fundamental understanding of the International Mechanical Code and Uniform/International Plumbing Codes
- Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within local jurisdiction
- Solid understanding of critical datacenter CE equipment
- Strong technical knowledge in the operation of facility environments' various heating and cooling systems. (Centrifugal chillers, chilled water, adiabatic, thermal storage systems, CRAH/CRAC, etc.)
- Experience with alternative, energy efficient water treatment methodologies and developing chemistry programs for processed water treatment
- Understanding of maintenance & operation of critical environment backup electrical equipment. (Diesel generators, radiator, ventilation systems, fuel storage, distribution, & protection systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of construction techniques, terminology, and documentation (Ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings etc.)
- Practical experience with building management systems and automation, controls & frameworks
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. Benefits and Perks Industry leading healthcare Savings and investments Giving programs Educational resources Maternity and paternity leave Opportunities to network and connect Discounts on products and services Generous time away
PBI Data Analyst to Global Customer ServiceH&M GroupCompany Description At H&M Group Customer Service, we contribute to H&M Groups vision and growth by making our customers lives easier, providing our customers1 day agoShareStockholm
UnderhållsteknikerHenkelAt Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading1 day agoShareNorrköping
Designer to Creator Studio – H&M Group - part time positionH&M GroupCompany Description Do you thrive in a complex and everchanging business environment? Would you like to be a key player in developing a new brand and business, and be1 day agoShareStockholm
Customer Success ManagersIFSCompany Description At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are1 day agoShareGöteborg
Principal DB Solutions Arch., Aurora PostgreSQLAWS EMEA SARL (Sweden Branch)15 or more years of Database development and deployment experience, IT systems and engineering experience, or equivalent. Experience creating commercial database1 day agoShareSverige