Are you motivated by building relationships and creating business opportunities? Are you truly interested in the always evolving digital world arena? Do you have a development mindset and are you comfortable exploring and not having all the answers?
Join the global Purchasing Development business of Inter IKEA where we focus on collaboration with our suppliers and more specifically, Category Area Indirect Procurement which leads the procurement of all products and services, including digital, that Inter IKEA Group companies need to maintain and develop its operations. We are looking for you who might be in an early stage of your career with an eager to learn but also to question our ways of working!
As a Business Developer your assignment is to secure precondition for long term business development through establishing the future supplier landscape within digital area. Our suppliers have a global footprint and you in your role will secure global agreements for Inter IKEA. You will drive the supplier management, follow up on supplier performance and lead supplier development.
More specifically, you can expect to:
- Develop partnership with internal stakeholders – engage and collaborate with theinternal stakeholders on the tactical / strategical tasks, adding value by having IKEA holistic approach.
- Develop and manage partnership with suppliers – you identify and act on new purchasing possibilities to secure an optimal sourcing set-up. Together with the suppliers, you create, implement, and follow-up the action plans, having in mind the compliance, sustainability and total cost approach.
- Develop entrepreneurial approach - You have the courage to question existing solutions and think in unconventional ways. To move forward, you will collaborate with the many, contributing to building up of our organization.
Per Rollmark, Business Development Manager (the Hiring Manager) says:
I lead a team of Business Developers who work with sourcing and supplier management of digital products and services for Inter IKEA. Together with the business stakeholders we continuously explore new technologies and business opportunities, define engagement models with suppliers, and support our digital landscape. We are a team of experienced colleagues within the area, sharing and supporting each other in our daily operation, finding new solutions and new ways of working.
Working for IKEA gave me the opportunity to develop myself and with a constant learning and exploring of new things, I grow with the business. If you are self-motivated and enjoy a challenge, you won’t regret joining IKEA!
To succeed in this role, we see that you bring:
- Passion for business and the end-goal – Both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, where you are to be strict but fair. You are a solution-oriented person, concentrating on developing the business and problem solving in the daily operations.
- The art of dealing with people – Empathy and great communication skills to coordinate within your network. You are comfortable in presenting and engaging with people in different business constellations.
- Change management skills – Ability to act upon fast pace changing and demanding environment.
- Analytical skills - working with numbers, negotiating prices, and setting priorities for your work are your strengths.
- Certain knowledge and strong interest in IT & Digital developments and products in business (Supply Chain solutions and services, Customer Experience solutions and Digital Analytics)
- Have some experience and strong interest within procurement activities such as procurement strategy development, supplier & business development, tenders, negotiations, and process development.
We are looking for 2 Business Developers. Both positions are based in Älmhult, Sweden, an inspirational working environment, based on creativity and innovation, which gives you the opportunity to work and interact with people from all around the world. Älmhult has excellent commuting possibilities with hourly trains to Malmö, Lund and Växjö, and an IKEA shuttle bus running back and forth to Helsingborg two times a day.
Please send us your application in English – CV and letter of motivation by 21st of December 2022 at the latest. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit. Please note that we will interview on continous basis so if you are interested in this position, do not hesitate and apply today!
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Zuzana Vackova, People and Culture Recruiter, [email protected] If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Per Rollmark, Business Development Manager, [email protected]
Who we are in Category Area Indirect Procurement
Category Area Indirect Procurement leads the procurement of all products and services that Inter IKEA Group companies need in order to maintain and develop its operations. The sites we supply, as well as our supplier base, has an international scope with the point of gravity in Europe.
The Category Digital has ~400 suppliers delivering business critical products, software and services to support the management and development of Inter IKEA in the fields of:
- Digital Marketing & Content
- Infrastructure, Cloud and Security
- Data and Analytics
- Internet Of Things, Engineering, Automation
- Application Development & Maintenance
At this moment we are in a build-up phase, so for you who thrive in a position where less is already decided and where you will have a high influence in both what we do and how we do it, this might be a great job opportunity.
At IKEA we believe that we’re better when we’re physically together for collaboration, dialogues and conversations. We believe in the power of human interactions; the informal chats, the energy, belonging and creativity generated by people being in the same place. Our approach is that we spend most of our time in the IKEA workplace and with flexibility to work from home when relevant.
Future Talent Programme - Junior Supplier Manager ITTetra PakTraineeAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Vice President Processing Channel Management & Key ComponentsTetra PakAt Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good – protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet.1 day agoShareLund
Group Manager Perception at Volvo Autonomous SolutionsVolvo GroupSweden Position Description At Volvo Autonomous Solutions (V.A.S) we are passionate about the positive impact autonomous solutions will have on our1 day agoShareGöteborg
Group HR Specialist – HR OperationsAxis CommunicationsTillsvidare +1Job Title Group HR Specialist – HR Operations Job Description Are you passionate about employee1 day agoShareLund
Customer Success Manager - StockholmCatalystOne Solutions ABWe’re looking for a Customer Success Manager to join us in our Stockholm office. You’ll be responsible for building long term sustainable relationships1 day agoShareStockholms Län